Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/customer/www/reneehalfway.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/joli-table-of-contents/core/Engine/TableOfContents.php on line 592
Clubhouse is the up-and-coming social media platform of 2021. Even though Clubhouse is still in its beta phase, users are already LOVING the new way of communicating. I have been on the platform for about a month now. In this post, I will tell you exactly what Clubhouse is and how to use it effectively to grow your business!
What is Clubhouse?
Clubhouse is a new, audio-based social media platform. I have found that “interactive podcast” is the best way to describe it.
Moderators can start a room to host interesting discussions about various topics. When the room first starts, only the moderators are able to speak. The audience can join the room and listen in on the experts speak about the room’s topic. When they have a question, they can raise their virtual hands. The moderators can then invite them up to the stage, after which the person can speak to the room as well!
This is a great system to avoid having tens or even hundreds of people talk at the same time. Another great feature is the “ping” function, where people in the room can ping in friends they think will enjoy the conversation!
Who is Clubhouse for?
Clubhouse is THE place for everyone wanting to grow their business! It is especially great for those with online businesses or service based businesses.
I host a weekly Clubhouse room with 3 other incredible women about all things online business! Check them out on Instagram for more online business tips on your feed:
- Business strategist, Lauren @laurellenbarlow.
- Pinterest expert, Isabelle @virtuallyisabelle.
- Social Media manager, Makenna @tolivewithintent.
- Academic coach, Brenna @brennagagliardi
A few days ago, I joined a room where 3 New York City based realtors provided some amazing value on the topic of buying vs. renting. When I messaged them after their room had ended, they told me they had all generated leads for their businesses through Clubhouse. But what really blew my mind, is that they were thinking about starting a brokerage together!
If that doesn’t show the networking power of Clubhouse, I don’t what what will!
How to get on Clubhouse?
Because Clubhouse is still in its beta phase, not everyone can join the platform yet. To join Clubhouse, you will need an iPhone (the developers have said they will be expanding to Android later on), and an invite.
Yep, Clubhouse is currently on an invite-only basis. Once someone lets you on the platform, you receive one invite to get someone else on there. The developers have explained that this is to ensure the whole thing won’t crash. You will also receive a couple more invites once you start hosting rooms.
I currently have 4 invites left! Leave a comment telling me why you would like to be on Clubhouse + your Instagram handle to win one of them!
How to Grow your Business using Clubhouse.
Now that you’re on Clubhouse, it’s important that you implement effective strategies that will actually help you grow your business! I’ve been using the app for a while now and will tell you exactly what works, and what doesn’t!
But first, don’t forget to give me a follow! I’m @reneeramerman over there.
Clubhouse strategies to grow your business
- Speak up! You can’t make connections and meet new people by being a quiet member of the audience.
- As a member of the audience, provide value to the room by bringing up an interesting point or additional info. Don’t forget to let them know your Instagram handle! (Or the main social media platform you use).
- Host regular rooms with others in your field. There are already plenty of Facebook groups you can join to find co-hosts for rooms. I am a member of Female Clubhouse Entrepreneurs and really enjoy it.
- When hosting a room, make sure to “reset” it every 20 minutes or so. When resetting the room, you are basically doing a quick re-introduction of the hosts/moderators and explain what the room is about to new people joining. Don’t forget to ask them to follow you! A call-to-action is always a good idea.
- Add a catchy bio to your profile. Especially if you’re service-based, let people know how you could help them!
- Add your Instagram and Twitter to your profile, if those are platforms you use.
- Follow the hosts of rooms you found interesting! You will be notified once they start another room. They will also most likely follow you back.
Are you ready to grow your business on Clubhouse?
If you’re already on Clubhouse, leave your @ in the comments below, so we can all give each other a follow! I would LOVE to hear what you have to say over there!
If you would like to know when we are hosting Clubhouse rooms to learn more about growing your business, give me a follow on Instagram @ReneeHalfway where I’ll keep you updated!